Due to popular demand, we now present a condensed version of our ATD Superstars article featuring our first recipient Room Four Dessert.
- Location: Bolton
- Owned by: University of Liverpool friends Asif Timol and Salman Bariwala
- Opened: December 2013
- Sector: Part coffee shop, part delicatessen, part dessert parlour
- Benefits from: close proximity to Bolton's education cluster
- Community involvement: charity stalls which fly a very honest flag for the business
- A brand for...the social media age
- Open All Hours: 8am to 11pm Sunday to Thursday, extending to midnight on Friday and Saturday
- No polystyrene in sight: takeaway presentation and packaging equal to eat-in offering.
- Signature points of difference: "shot" glasses for mini-desserts and plastic spoons that imitate metal
"It's a case of being inspired by what you see and wanting to put your own spin on things"
"Even with the lunch menu, we don’t serve anything that’s overly heavy, even the pasta dishes, they’re substantial to a certain extent, but we don’t have any heavy creamy based pastas"
"We've got a lot of ideas which we've not even had the chance to play yet"
"To come away thinking you've been looked after"